Information that you can access
Here are some suggestions about how to access information about your host
organisation. When you have collected this information, place it in your Portfolio.
- Access the organisations web site for information.
- Visit the organisation and note its physical location.
- Read brochures, pamphlets or any other written material that is distributed
to the community.
- Read any periodic reports that the organisation prepares for its governing
body, the community, shareholders or government. This will include budget
proposals, annual reports, research reports, grant proposals and newspaper
articles. Some of this information can be found in the University
- Formally interview or informally speak to key people in the organisation
such as the directors, professional staff, department heads and employees,
especially those who have been working with the organisation on a long-term
- Attend any routine meetings of the organisation that you are allowed to