Auditory learners are more interested in learning through spoken words. They prefer to learn by listening to their lecturer or teacher or other students.
Characteristics of auditory learners:
- Can follow verbal instructions easily
- Like to hear someone explain and like explaining to someone else
- Like debating and discussing with others
- Tend to talk to themselves while working
- Enjoy reading aloud
- Like music more than art.
Study hints for auditory learners:
- Start or join a study group
- Say things aloud to remember information
- Use a tape recorder. Record yourself reading texts and/or discussing issues with others
- Read notes aloud when studying and after you have read something summarise it out loud.
- Explain or ‘re tell’ something you have learnt to someone else
- If possible listen to pod casts of lectures.