Tips for conquering procrastination
If my house is too tidy, it probably means that I have been procrastinating. Everyone has a different strategy for avoiding this aweful ailment. Some suggestions that we find useful are:
- begin with a task you enjoy
- avoid being a perfectionist
- eliminate housework
- plan your time and stick to it
- break up difficult or 'dry' work into sections
- set deadlines for yourself.
In addition to the rules, try these:
- Set up a place where you do your study at home. Make it special somehow. Sit there every day for a little while, at least initially so you settle in. Make sure everyone in yout household understands that while you are in that place, you would rather not be disturbed.
- At your allocated study times, break each 30 minutes into:
- 3 minutes - decide what you are going to do
- 25 minutes - work at it
- 2 minutes - Look over and review what you have done.
Do this twice then have a break.
Tips for limiting interruptions